Senior Sales Executive, classical music magazines including Gramophone, Opera Now & Classical Music
MA Music Leisure and Travel is recruiting for a senior sales executive for its classical music magazines which include the iconic Gramophone, Opera Now and Classical Music. This exciting role will involve selling advertising and building client relationships across the print and digital elements of the world's most prestigious music magazine. The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate some or all of the following: experience of working in media sales or publishing; interest in classical music; and knowledge of the recording industry.
Founded in 1923, for almost a century now Gramophone has brought classical music collectors and listeners the most erudite, expert and entertaining reviews and features. Now with a successful digital edition, website and podcasts as well as the magazine, and the further development of the portfolio, it's an exciting time to join the music team and play a key role in its commercial success.
Gramophone, Opera Now and Classical Music are part of the Mark Allen Group, publishers of market-leading magazines (also including music titles Jazzwise and Songlines, and latterly, International Piano, Music Teacher, Drama and Theatre, and Choir and Organ), journals and websites, and producer of events, and the role is based in Herne Hill, London.
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Experience of working in media sales or publishing
- Proven success in media sales
- Interest in classical music
- Knowledge of the recording industry
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for building relationships at all levels
- Proactive attitude
- An ability to work to tight deadlines with great attention to detail
- Ability to work within a friendly and ambitious team environment
- To sell the magazines’ print, digital and e-marketing opportunities to a well-established client base
- Strengthen client relationships within your assigned client base
- Increase your client base by proactively seeking new clients from competitor media and your knowledge of the industry
- To achieve monthly sales targets
- To appreciate the opportunities presented by the editorial content of the magazine and website with creative input
- To follow and respond to developments within the classical music industry
Superb office environment in South east London.
Apply with CV and covering letter stating salary expectations to:
Paul Geoghegan, Managing Director, MA Music Leisure and Travel