Salary – dependent on experience
Location – Herne Hill, near Brixton (SE24)
The HR brand comprises an award-winning monthly magazine, a strong digital presence including a daily news bulletin, powered by the industry’s leading website and regular thought-provoking webinars. It also hosts prestigious live events, including the industry’s leading awards scheme. We regularly work with leading brands to develop multi-platform bespoke marketing solutions, which means the successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering creative campaigns.
In addition, you will be expected to sell across a suite of print, digital and live products in a highly competitive market. The candidate will be proven self-starter, equally confident with telephone and face-to-face sales to both new and existing business and will be required contribute to the constantly evolving sales strategy. The successful candidate will be expected to understand the market in order to achieve a consultative sales approach as well as generate enough calls on a daily basis to generate new revenue.
Working closely with your fellow sales manager and, depending on experience, reporting directly to the publisher, you will be responsible for managing your client split and also maintaining and developing a constant stream of new business. Many of our clients are agencies, so they often look to us for advice on how best to achieve their clients’ goals – so you will be required to quickly develop a detailed understanding of the market, and work closely with the editor to develop creative solutions to increasingly complex challenges.
- Deliver significant revenue across the magazine, website and online and experiential events
- With your fellow sales manager, hit monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Generate sales by telephone
- Increase market share on both publications
- Respond to enquiries in a timely manner
- Understand and maintain a sales database system (Gemstone)
- Attend various events, both in the UK and Europe
Experience and skills
- Display and project sales experience across a wide variety of platforms is essential
- The ability to put together detailed and deliverable proposals based on client needs
- Proven ability to close deals
- A flexible approach to sales, understanding different negotiating tactics for different situations
- Highly motivated to achieve regular targets
- The ability to work with a range of customers, from client direct to global media agencies
- Exceptional customer-focused attitude and skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- A proven ‘can-do’ attitude
- Highly literate with a strong computer software knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- A passion for business and media
- Comfortable taking on responsibility and accountability
- Excellent listening, negotiation and communication skills
- Creative thinking around opportunities and solutions
- Resilient and able to work under pressure
- Strong drive and ambition
- Team player
HR is part of MA Business, the B2B division of the Mark Allen Group, a fast-developing independent publishing house with offices in London, Kent and Wiltshire.
The group is a growing, progressive media business, which delivers high-quality content through more than 100 market-leading journals, magazines, books, events and websites. Our brands offer unrivalled access to specialists in healthcare, education, business and consumer markets.
Our success comes from our focus on editorial excellence; our in-depth knowledge of our markets’ and our customers’ needs; our commitment to engage, inspire and educate our audiences; and our ability to think differently and provide innovative client-focused solutions.
Apply with CV and covering letter to: Darryl Danielli, publisher.