Recruitment Sales Account Manager, The Engineer
For 160 years The Engineer has been the market leading brand providing news, features and insight on technological developments affecting the Engineering community.
We are looking to strengthen our recruitment revenues by developing customer focused recruitment solutions, across the print and digital engineering portfolio.
This presents an excellent, challenging opportunity to join the UK’s leading engineering publisher. Managing your own territory, you will be expected to generate new business and maintain existing business by developing relationships in the industry and selling advertising, sponsorship, and bespoke recruitment projects across the print and digital portfolio.
The key day-to-day tasks of the include:
- Generating and maximising business
- Maintaining and building relationships with existing and new clients
- Keeping abreast of developments in the marketplace
- Liaising with new clients to implement products as part of their advertising strategies.
- Meeting targets set for print, online and project revenue well within deadlines
- Developing interest and basic knowledge of the topics covered in the publications
- Showing initiative and high organisational abilities in maintaining transparent records of progress.
We are looking for a confident, self-motivated applicant, working with a creative and intelligent approach to sales that can develop an empathy and passion for the market.
You will be able to take a consultative approach, working across an existing client base, as well as developing new business. The role will require telephone, email and some face-to-face contact.
There is scope for real career progression in this role, with the potential to lead the growth of recruitment revenues across the entire engineering portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience in B2B media sales, ideally with at least one of these years in a recruitment sales capacity. Key to success in the role will be the ability to achieve a high volume of sales and develop relationships with clients quickly. This role is ideal for someone with outstanding sales ability who is looking to take the next step in their career.
The role offers a good basic salary and scope for earning uncapped commission; based in a superb office in south-east London.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to Publishing Director, email@example.com