Marketing Manager, MA Business
The Marketing Manager plays a critical role in the timely and successful execution of the company’s event marketing strategies. Our ideal candidate is a digital native, possessing outstanding organisational and communication skills, with impeccable attention to detail and a results-driven approach.
The ideal candidate should have proven experience in event campaign management for a range of small to medium size events, including exhibitions, awards, conferences and digital events.
You will create, implement and project manage marketing plans and results-driven campaigns for each event. The role covers all aspects of end-to-end campaign management including email; website; digital marketing; analysis; data selections, targeting and build; copywriting; social media and direct mail production.
You should be a confident individual able to work and communicate with senior stakeholders, as this will be a core part of your role.
Core day to day duties include:
- Create and implement detailed and results-driven marketing plans for each event with full timelines.
- Maintain accurate records of marketing spend and ensure ‘value for money’ for external marketing spend.
- Liaise with the Events Team Manager, editors and other stakeholders where applicable to draft compelling marketing copy for print, online, social and email marketing campaigns.
- Work with the in-house design studio on concepts for print marketing, adverts and event signage to ensure event branding is consistent across all areas.
- Create graphics for use on websites, email marketing, webinars and third-party websites ensuring the product branding is consistent.
- Ensure sponsor branding is delivered in line with contractual agreements.
- Book in all print advertising in advance with the appropriate production department.
- Analyse effectiveness of marketing campaigns using tools available (Google Analytics, Adestra etc) and advise stakeholders as and when required.
- Monitor and compare pre-reg levels to be able to adjust any campaign in plenty of time to make sure that the numbers are delivered at the required levels.
- Draft copy where required for event guides (show-guides, souvenir brochures and winners’ brochures)
- Oversee the proofing and production of all brochures and guides through to final sign-off.
- Work with the Event Manager to draft copy for the event website to ensure all introductions and keywords are completed and correct to maximise SEO.
- Conduct research (where required) to identify how different audiences respond and ensure the messages are compelling and in-line with the target audience.
- Identify opportunities for partnerships with external organisations (associations / media partners) that add value and provide exposure to new audiences.
- Work closely with the editorial teams to identify key themes that link with the event content and produce ‘content marketing’ to draw in your audience and create interest around the event.
- Use data tools to understand and communicate campaign effectiveness to the senior management team.
- Provide a report at the end of each event, showing the results against target, audience engagement analytics and future areas for improvement.
- When applicable, this data can be used to help secure additional marketing spend to boost results, either mid-campaign or for a following event.
Qualifications and experience:
- 2 years’ experience in B2B events marketing
- Ability to deliver successful multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Marketing degree or equivalent qualification will be beneficial
- Experience of small to medium scale events, awards and digital events (eg: Webinars)
- Social media marketing, with clear metrics and performance measurement
- Attention to detail
- Ability to time-manage workload in a proactive way
- Excellent standard of written English and proof reading
- Team player
- Flexible with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders at all levels
Based at our Dartford offices, the role offers a vibrant and dynamic team environment for your career to flourish and develop in our business.
Apply with CV and covering letter to: Luke Webster, Publishing Director, MA Business. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org