Deputy Editor, Traffic Technology International and Industrial Vehicle Technology International
The role is most likely to suit a journalist with at least five years’ experience and proven organisational skills. Candidates must be proficient in the use of InDesign. Interest in the traffic of off-highway vehicle industries is welcomed, but not essential. Salary commensurate with ability and experience.
Traffic Technology International and Industrial Vehicle Technology International have served their respective industries for over 25 years and are the trusted touchstones for those wishing to know more about technological advances in the fields of traffic management and industrial vehicle design.
Main duties for both titles will be writing, sub-editing and liaising with clients on advertorial copy, but there is also likely to be some commissioning and international travel required in this role, which represents a unique opportunity to join a growing part of the Mark Allen Group at an exciting time.
We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
- Write news for the print magazines and websites, as well as at least one feature per magazine issue
- Edit and compile weekly newsletters
- Upload content to the website via the CMS
- Generate content for and engage with readers on social media (LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Promote new issues and supplements
Magazine and production:
- Proofread and sub-edit raw copy from contributors and advertisers, writing headlines, standfirsts, captions and selecting pull quotes
- Manage the process with design (making sure relevant designer knows when content is ready to look at, then passing this to design with all relevant materials needs – high-res images, page layout instructions)
- Source images for all articles in an imaginative and creative way and contributing ideas for illustrations
- Work with the magazine editor to commission features for the magazines and websites
- Assist with the editorial production of features in print and online
- Organise and collect advertorial submissions
- Liaise with advertising clients on advertorial changes
- Update contact sheets for chasing copy
- Deal with queries
- Attend press events, exhibitions and visits as required in the UK and internationally
- A degree
- Proficiency in InDesign
- Experience of CMS, preferably Wordpress
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to work under own initiative and under pressure
- Good timekeeping
How to apply:
Please send a CV, along with a covering letter as separate documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, putting ‘MA Aviation & Auto Deputy Editor Application – [YOUR NAME]’ in the subject line. Please put your full name in the filenames of the CV and covering letter.