Associate/Deputy Editor, New Electronics
The role requires a journalist with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience (ideally in the Business-To-Business sector) and proven organisational skills. Candidates must be proficient in the use of InDesign. Interest in the engineering sector or a STEM background would be an advantage, but not essential. Salary and job title will be commensurate with ability and experience.
Main duties will include news and feature writing, sub-editing and liaising with clients on advertorial copy, but there is also likely to be some commissioning and international travel required in this role, which represents a unique opportunity to join a growing part of the Mark Allen Group at an exciting time.
We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
- Write news and other regular articles for the print magazines and websites
- Write weekly news, online features and assemble weekly newsletters
- Upload content to the website via the CMS
- Generate content for and engage with readers on social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Promote new issues and supplements
Magazine and production:
- Proofread and sub-edit raw copy from contributors and advertisers, writing headlines, standfirsts, captions and selecting pull quotes
- Manage the process with design (making sure relevant designer knows when content is ready to look at, then passing this to design with all relevant materials needs – high-res images, page layout instructions)
- Source images for all articles in an imaginative and creative way and contributing ideas for illustrations
- Attend press events, exhibitions and visits as required in the UK and internationally
- High standard of written English
- Proficiency in InDesign
- Experience of CMS
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to work under own initiative and under pressure
- A full UK driving licence
How To Apply:
Please send a CV, along with a covering letter as separate documents to Paul Fanning, Editorial Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, putting ‘New Electronics Editorial Role – [YOUR NAME]’ in the subject line. Please include your full name in the filenames of the CV and covering letter.