Assistant Editor, Aerospace Testing, Air Traffic Technology and Business Airport International
The role is most likely to suit a journalist with at least 1-2 years’ experience and proven organisational skills. Candidates must be proficient in the use of InDesign. Interest in the aviation industry is welcomed but not essential. Salary commensurate with ability and experience.
Main duties will be writing, sub-editing and liaising with clients on advertorial copy, but there is also likely to be some commissioning and international travel required in this role, which represents a unique opportunity to join a growing part of the Mark Allen Group at an exciting time.
We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
- Write news and other regular articles for the print magazines and websites, including at least one feature per magazine issue
- Write weekly news, online features and assemble weekly newsletters
- Upload content to the website via the CMS
- Generate content for and engage with readers on social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Promote new issues and supplements
Magazine and production:
- Proofread and sub-edit raw copy from contributors and advertisers, writing headlines, standfirsts, captions and selecting pull quotes
- Manage the process with design (making sure relevant designer knows when content is ready to look at, then passing this to design with all relevant materials needs – high-res images, page layout instructions)
- Source images for all articles in an imaginative and creative way and contributing ideas for illustrations
- Work with the magazine editor to commission features for the magazine and website
- Assist with the editorial production of features in print and online
- Organise and collect advertorial submissions
- Liaise with advertising clients on advertorial changes
- Update contact sheets for chasing copy
- Deal with queries
- Attend press events, exhibitions and visits as required in the UK and internationally
- A degree
- Proficiency in InDesign
- Experience of CMS, preferably Wordpress
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to work under own initiative and under pressure
Please send a CV, along with a covering letter as separate documents to Tom Stone putting ‘MA Aviation & Auto Assistant Editor Application – [YOUR NAME]’ in the subject line. Please put your full name in the filenames of the CV and covering letter.