Sales executive/Account manager for leading brand in the children's care sector
Children & Young People Now (CYP Now) brand consists of a monthly magazine for leaders and senior practitioners across children’s and young people’s services, a news-led and resource-rich website supported by daily and weekly email news bulletins, the flagship national awards scheme for children’s services, a number of conferences for professionals working with children, young people and families and www.cypnowjobs.co.uk, the jobs board dedicated to recruitment in the children’s care sector.
The CYP Now brand is looking for an ambitious, articulate, highly motivated and talented sales executive/account manager to join the magazine's sales team.
The successful candidate will sell classified advertising, both in print and online with its dedicated jobs board, with responsibility for managing an established client base and developing new business.
The right applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- An ability to confidently sell print and digital advertising solutions to clients and manage the accounts, advising on the right activity for them, and developing new business to maximise revenues
- A proven track record in classified sales, and jobsboards in particular, or a willingness to develop an exciting and rewarding career with the UK’s fastest-growing independent media houses.
- The ability to proactively create new sales opportunities for individual clients and cross-selling across the publication and its brand extensions.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong reporting, organisational and administrative skills
- Confident and strong negotiation skills with the ability to close sales deals.
- The ability to work as part of a team, but also on their own initiative.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- A target-driven approach
- An ability to think outside the box and embrace new ideas
- An excellent eye for detail
Although the position is heavily telephone-based, meeting clients would be an important aspect and candidates with face-to-face meetings experience would be advantageous.
This role would be ideally suited to someone looking to further develop their sales career by joining one of the one of the UK’s most dynamic publishing businesses.