Recruitment Sales Manager – Nursery World Jobs and Children & Young People Now Jobs
Nursery World, and Children & Young People Now – about us
Nursery World, and Children & Young People Now, are two established, highly respected brands for the early years/childcare and children’s services sectors.
These brands provide essential resources and information to dedicated professionals who are committed to giving children the best start in life through high quality education and care.
Both brands comprise a nationally recognised subscription print title and resource-rich news-led website; a portfolio of conferences and exhibitions attracting the leading speakers and suppliers in their fields; and crucially, leading specialist recruitment solutions for their markets.
We are seeking a sales manager to drive recruitment revenues on both these brands, leading and motivating a small team of recruitment sales executives.
- Motivate the team to deliver results and exceed targets
- Organise and develop the team to suit the structure of the market, customers’ needs, and ensures the right segmentation is applied
- Support the team to generate ideas for new business opportunities, and for new and enhanced products and services
- Motivate and bring out the best in individual staff members. Use coaching/mentoring skills in developing staff capability and skillset
- Set and monitor KPIs and development plans for staff members
- Demonstrate in-depth working knowledge of the marketplace that includes: -
- Defining current and potential customers
- Understanding strategies, strengths and weaknesses of the competition
- Identifying opportunities for growth that includes total solution offerings
- Build relationships with customers and other external sources to maintain up to date knowledge of the market
- Ensure all key customers are visited appropriately to maintain relationships based on trust and a sense of being a real business partner
- Embrace the challenge and potential of expanding recruitment revenues beyond job postings to include employer branding and other content-led solutions
- Drive recruitment marketing strategy utilising jobseeker data and social media
- Set, monitor and review customer pricing strategy based on market dynamics
- Manage relationships with external marketing, software and training suppliers
- Analyse online traffic using Madgex and Google Analytics, adapting marketing activity where appropriate
At least five years recruitment sales experience with the drive and ambition to be a team leader
Some experience of managing sales staff is preferable
Experience of selling complex solutions
Strong reporting, organisational and administrative skills
Strong communication and influencing skills (verbal and written)
Excellent presentation and proposal writing skills
Face-to-face selling experience essential
You’ll be based in a converted church in Herne Hill which backs onto Brockwell Park, Brixton is just a short walk away and the offices are just a 5-10-minute walk from Herne Hill train station.