Publishing Production Executive required for London-based media company
An excellent opportunity has arisen within a dynamic independent publishing company based in south east London, to join a highly motivated team within its production and design department. This offers a varied role with the potential for the applicant to learn various skills set across print and online media platforms.
The initial role will involve the following:
- Pre-flight checking and processing advertising copy supplied by clients.
- Laying out pages and preparing print ready pdfs to be sent off to press for the classified and recruitment pages, as well as typesetting adverts for clients.
- Creating digital editions of printed magazines and journals.
- Uploading articles online via a CMS system for some of the healthcare magazines.
Depending on skill sets and natural progression the role will also involve the following:
- Setting up and uploading online advertising campaigns onto the group’s numerous websites for clients as well as internal promotional campaigns.
- Creating online adverts for our clients and the group’s internal promotional campaigns.
- Creating HTML based email templates for clients and internal promotional campaigns.
The applicant will be of graduate level or equivalent and have basic knowledge in Adobe Indesign and Photoshop. It is also desirable for applicants to have knowledge of using Adobe Dreamweaver, illustrator and Adobe Animate CC. Knowledge of html would also be a bonus but not a necessity as long as the applicant is willing to learn some of the basic knowledge required to creating email templates and web advertising.
We are seeking a self-motivated and creative person with strong organisational and communication skills, flexible attitude and an eye for detail with the ability to work using his/her initiative.
This is a full-time vacancy. The group is at an exciting period of development and expansion and offers excellent future prospects.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to: Jon Redmayne, email: email@example.com.