Marketing Manager Large Scale Exhibitions
An opportunity has arisen for a talented events marketer to join our large-scale exhibitions team.
Successful full candidates will have a year’s Marketing Manager experience or will be a well-rounded and experienced events Marketing Executive ready to make the step up.
You will report to the Head of Exhibitions Marketing and will be responsible for managing marketing plans for the Communications portfolio of events: Critical Communications World, Critical Communications MENA, Critical Communication Europe and BAPCO Annual Conference & Exhibition.
You will also work as Marketing Manager for the TCCA, the supporting association of Critical Communications World.
- Delivering target pre-registration levels on all events
- Optimising on site conversion rates
- Supporting sales teams by generating leads and producing sales collateral
- Engaging the community year-round with relevant and valuable content
These will be achieved by
- Developing and maintaining a high level of sector specific knowledge
- Creating intelligent marketing strategies based on in-depth market research, in-house knowledge and the competitor landscape
- Creating robust and effective content-led, multi-channel, 12-month marketing plans for each event
- Planning and executing marketing campaigns on time and on budget across email, digital, social, PR, direct mail, editorial coverage, print and online advertising, special print and on-site signage
- Liaising with event team to produce compelling copy and content for all channels and campaigns
- Working with our in-house designer to create effective and appropriate design concepts
- Managing the marketing budget to ensure maximum ROI
- Managing event websites – perform regular audits, maximise effectiveness and update appropriately
- Working closely with PR agencies in generating pre, at and post show coverage to boost impact of event content and promotions
- Establishing relationships and marketing agreements with industry-specific media, personalities and companies
- Working closely with the sales team to ensure key objectives and initiatives are aligned, with clear lines of communications and providing the right level of support and direction
- Analysing activity throughout and after all campaigns to measure, optimise and report on performance report on performance
- At least a year marketing large scale exhibitions or conferences
- Using email marketing platforms to create targeted email campaigns
- Digital marketing and PPC
- Clear and engaging written communication
- Organisation and time management
- Independent proactive problem solving and logical thinking
- Copywriting, editing and proof-reading
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability manipulate and analyse data
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet deadlines
- Interpersonal skills, excellent communicator
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Technologically and commercially aware
- Basic html for email marketing
- Regular training and development sessions aiming to increase skills and knowledge within the team
- An opportunity to grow with the company and the marketing team as MA Exhibitions continues with its plan of launching and acquiring more quality events in the UK and around the world
- Complimentary refreshments on a Friday afternoon and an annual group wide summer party hosted by Mark Allen himself
- Travel to domestic and international events
MA Exhibitions is the events arm and fasting growing division of the Mark Allen Group; an ambitious and family owned media company based in leafy Herne Hill. The head office itself is in a converted church, backing onto one of South London’s gems, Brockwell Park. We’re nicely situated between Herne Hill and Brixton stations, with plenty of bus routes servicing the surrounding areas.
Apply with a CV and covering letter to: Katina Toumba, HR Director, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or please complete the form below.