The Human Resources Director at the Mark Allen Group will play a critical role in achieving our growth plans by ensuring our people are engaged, performing to the best of their ability, and part of a collaborative culture.
Mark Allen Group (MAG) is a media, publishing and events company involved in 12 different sectors, comprising healthcare, education, dentistry, social care, manufacturing and engineering, aviation, print, human resources, the built environment, critical communications, auto, transport and entertaining as well as music.
MAG currently employs 420 people and has grown significantly in recent years. The group operates across a number of areas (London, Dartford, Wiltshire, Guildford), with the head office being based in Herne Hill. The plans of the group are dynamic and ambitious with continued growth a key target for the coming years.
The HR Director will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will have a CIPD L7 certificate or equivalent. She/he will have one HR Manager reporting to her/him initially. She/he will also liaise with a committed HR consultant who does freelance work for the group.
The salary for this role will be dependent on knowledge and capability. The role is supported by the following benefits: a competitive salary, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance policy, healthcare and a progressive annual leave entitlement.
As part of a fast-moving and consistently evolving business, the HR Director will focus on:
- attracting the very best people to our business, ensuring our employer brand is strong and that good people want to work here
- managing an effective recruitment process which balances business needs with candidate experience
- managing the on-boarding of new employees, making sure they understand who we are and how we work
- getting to know and working alongside our senior leaders and managers, supporting them in achieving their business objectives
- providing insight to the group board on key things which need to be improved in the business and progress against targets
- working with our people to support succession planning and talent management in critical areas of the business
- designing and improving all people management processes and policies to ensure best fit and legal compliance, ensuring that they’re consistently implemented
- working to continually improve engagement of our people, listening to the feedback of employees and feeding back recommendations to the board
- enabling all of our people to continually learn and develop, through blended learning interventions and a learning and development strategy
- supporting our agenda to provide all people with equal and fair opportunities, regardless of background or characteristics
- ensuring our recognition and reward mechanisms effectively motivate our people and support a high performing culture
- submitting reports and analysis of key people metrics to the group board for consideration and discussion.
The HR Director will be experienced in handling performance case work, integrating organisations acquired via TUPE or direct purchase, and improving people processes and policies across the HR agenda.
Please apply by email to: CEO Ben Allen, Mark Allen Group, Dulwich Road, London SE24 0PB. Email: email@example.com