Group Financial Controller, Mark Allen Group
The Mark Allen Group is an established and successful independent and dynamic media company which publishes both print and digital market-leading journals, magazines and books, and organises events and international exhibitions. The brands specialise in healthcare, education, engineering, business and consumer markets.
During a period of continued expansion and development, the group is seeking to appoint a Group Financial Controller, a new position, responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department. Reporting to the Group Financial Director on all financial and accounting activities, you will be responsible for the delivery of accounts and reporting on all financial aspects, ensuring a smooth running of the day to day finance function including managing the team leaders, working closely with senior teams in the group.
Main responsibilities will include:
- The production of dedicated monthly management accounts with analysis and commentary for budget holders, ensuring accurate and timely submission of reporting
- Contributing to the forecasting and annual budgeting process
- Assisting with the annual audit process with the preparation of relevant financial reporting, working with the external audit team
- Overseeing month end closing responsibilities including balance sheet reconciliations with supporting information, detailed cut off analysis and various reporting requirements
- Overseeing the cashflow, purchase invoice process and the development of internal control policy and procedures
- Overseeing the aged debt analysis and reporting on results and advising on
- Being proactive with teams and ensuing management of relationships with key team members of the Group in relation to general finance related matters
- The role will include an element of travel between UK offices in London, Kent, Guildford and Wiltshire
Skills and qualifications
The ideal Group Financial Controller candidate will possess the following:
- At least five years’ experience in a business or finance environment with management experience; leadership skills; interpersonal skills; outstanding mathematical skills; honesty; integrity; reliability; solid written and verbal communication skills; high attention to detail; organisational skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; research skills; analytical skills; computer skills; understanding of data privacy standards.
- A background in a creative media, publishing, or events environment, is highly desirable
- Commercially minded and have proven analytical experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with all teams as well as senior staff within the group
- Excellent Excel and financial software skills
- Fully qualified finance professional with either ACA, CIMA, ACCA (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Ability to work in South East London, the group’s headquarters
Apply with a CV and covering letter to: Katina Toumba, HR Director, email: email@example.com or please complete the form below.