Editor Heating & Plumbing Monthly, MA Business
Leading independent publisher MA Business is looking for an Editor to work on its business-to-business title serving the Built Environment sector.
We are looking for an individual to head up this highly respected business-to-business title, ensuring regular monthly production of a high-quality journal that meets readers’ needs and competes successfully in its market.
- • Maintain editorial quality of the magazine
- • Develop and maintain the magazine’s online channels (website, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) and a weekly newsletter
- • Monitor technical developments and political changes in the marketplace
- • Manage the magazine’s editorial team
- • Liaise with other departments, especially advertising sales, production and sister publications
- • Maintain close contact with sales colleagues to ensure that editorial content and advertising volumes remain balanced, and to maximise the journal’s advertising revenue potential
- • Ensure the magazine is represented at key industry events, maintaining and growing the publication’s reputation in the marketplace
- • Develop and build a network of contacts favourable to the magazine
- • International travel for industry events and client entertainment may be required.
Based in offices near Dartford, Kent, the role would ideally suit someone looking to progress in their role at a dynamic and fast-growing publisher.
The ideal candidate:
- • Can demonstrate strong feature and news writing, interviewing, subbing and layout skills
- • Is highly organised and able to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- • Has a solid working knowledge of InDesign
- • Has a good understanding of the use of social media in a business context
- • Willing to travel within the UK and internationally
- • Has a full UK driving licence
- • Lives within a commutable distance of Dartford, Kent.
At MA Business, we pride ourselves on rewarding and developing our people. Many of our team build long and successful careers within our business. This is a fantastic opportunity to do just that on one of our premium brands.
The role offers a competitive salary and is based in the Dartford offices of MA Business.
Apply with CV and covering letter to: Paul Fanning, Editorial Director, email@example.com