Community Care, the award-winning information service for social care professionals, is looking for a careers editor to join our talented team.
This role is an exciting opportunity to shape Community Care’s commercial offering to local authorities, working closely with customers and our experienced sales team to deliver content-led solutions to social work employers’ workforce challenges.
The successful candidate will oversee a newly launched suite of content which helps employers, mainly social workers, recruit social workers, carry out research on important issues in the social work workforce to write insight reports for senior leaders, inform social workers of best job-hunting practices and develop Community Care’s unique ‘always on’ content marketing strategy.
Community Care helps social workers stay up to date with the latest and most significant developments in practice, law and policy to help them to change lives for the better and flourish in their careers. We also support social work employers and leaders to recruit and retain high-quality practitioners and develop their staff to the best of their abilities.
We do this by providing practitioners and leaders with critical news and information through our communitycare.co.uk site; delivering expert-produced practice guidance through our subscription-based Community Care Inform Adults and Inform Children sites; supporting employers to recruit the right staff and practitioners to find the right opportunities through the Community Care Jobs recruitment site; and bringing the whole sector together to learn, debate and network at our annual Community Care Live event.
- Writing Employer Zone articles for local authority partners to help them meet their recruitment goals, hitting deadlines and managing relationships with clients to ensure the success of the campaigns.
- Carrying out, analysing and writing reports about research on topics affecting the social work workforce which will be of use to senior leaders.
- Growing and maintaining Community Care’s Careers Zone, a newly-launched part of the site aiming to give social workers tips for job hunting.
- Developing Employer Profiles, Community Care’s unique ‘always on’ content marketing strategy currently being piloted.
- Overseeing the success of paid Facebook campaigns for Employer Zones and helping report back to clients.
Skills and attitudes required
- High-quality editorial skills including interviewing, fact-checking, the ability to write clear, engaging copy, copy editing, proofreading and a good design sense.
- A strong focus on customers and end users and a determination to deliver on customers’ objectives.
- A strong ability to build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good research skills, including the ability to design surveys, analyse results and apply findings in written content.
- Being comfortable juggling and meeting multiple deadlines.
- Development focus: someone who loves learning and finding out new ways of doing things and meeting customers’ needs.