Assistant Editor – MA Business
Leading publisher MA Business is looking for an Assistant Editor to work on its leading business-to-business titles serving the ICT sector.
As Assistant editor, you will write features and news for the magazine, their online platforms and weekly newsletters, as well as supporting the editor in all aspects of the delivery across the magazine, events and digital platforms.
Based in offices near Dartford, Kent, the role would ideally suit someone looking to progress in their role at a dynamic and fast growing publisher.
Key day-to-day tasks include::
- • Sourcing, writing and editing news and features for the magazine and several online platforms
- • Co-managing Social Media estate with marketing and the Editor
- • Presenting and managing seminars for live events
- • Writing and producing weekly newsletters
- • Developing contacts in the relevant markets and liaising with them regularly
- • Developing an interest in and knowledge of the topics covered in the publication
- • Sub-editing, headline writing and delivering copy to a high standard and to house style
- • Representing the titles at press events
- • Act as cover when the Editor is away or unable to attend industry events
- • Some international travel may be required
The ideal candidate:
- • Can demonstrate excellent written, verbal and communications skills
- • Is highly organised and able to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- • Has a minimum of 3 years of experience in the IT, data or mobile markets and bring with them an extensive list of contacts.
- • Has extensive knowledge of social media
- • Willing to travel within the UK and internationally
- • Has a full UK driving licence
- • Lives within a commutable distance of Dartford, Kent
At MA Business, we pride ourselves on rewarding and developing our people. Many of our team build long and successful careers within our business. This is a fantastic opportunity to do just that on two of our premium brands.
The role offers a competitive salary and is based in the Dartford offices of MA Business.
Apply with a CV and covering letter to: Katina Toumba, HR Director, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or please complete the form below.