Assistant Editor – MA Business
Leading publisher MA Business is looking for an Assistant Editor to work on two of its leading business-to-business titles serving the built environment sector.
As Assistant editor, you will write features and news for the two magazines, their online platforms and weekly newsletters, as well as supporting the editors in all aspects of the delivery of the magazines.
Based in offices near Dartford, Kent, the role would ideally suit someone seeking their first position in publishing.
Key day-to-day tasks include::
- Sourcing, writing and editing news and features for the two magazines and their online platforms
- Writing and producing weekly newsletters
- Developing contacts in the relevant markets and liaising with them regularly
- Developing an interest in and knowledge of the topics covered in the publication
- Sub-editing, headline writing and delivering copy to a high standard and to house style
- Representing the titles at press events
The ideal candidate:
- Can demonstrate excellent written, verbal and communications skills
- Is highly organised and able to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Has some publishing experience (although this is not essential)
- Has extensive knowledge of social media
- Has a full UK driving licence
- Lives within a commutable distance of Dartford, Kent
At MA Business, we pride ourselves on rewarding and developing our people. Many of our team build long and successful careers within our business. This is a fantastic opportunity to do just that on two of our premium brands.
The role offers a competitive salary and is based in the Dartford offices of MA Business.
Apply with a CV and covering letter to: Paul Fanning, Editorial Director. Email: email@example.com