Advertising Manager - Building products
We are looking for an Advertising Manager to head up the sales of Building Products magazine.
This role is ideally suited to a naturally driven individual who is hungry for success, organised and enjoys being out in the market ‘making things happen’.
You will be solely responsible for delivering the business plan, working within a sales team of complementary products. You will be given the freedom and autonomy to develop new ideas and identify commercial opportunities in the market that meet customers’ needs.
Building Products is a monthly magazine and a multi-platform brand aimed at architects and specifiers working in the UK building and construction industry. The editorial provides the target audience of architects, project managers, building contractors, surveyors, property developers and facilities and estates managers with a wide range of content about all the latest product launches and building innovations.
Key day-to-day tasks include:
- Generating and maximising business by phone and face-to-face
- Maintaining and building relationships with existing and new clients
- Keeping abreast of developments in the marketplace and attending relevant exhibitions
- Liaising with new clients to implement products as part of their advertising strategies
- Meeting targets set for print, online and project revenue well within deadlines
- Developing interest and basic knowledge of the topics covered in the publications
- Showing initiative and high organisational abilities in maintaining transparent records of progress.
At MA Business, we pride ourselves on rewarding and developing our people. Many of our team build long and successful careers within our business. This is a fantastic opportunity to do just that on one of our premium brands as part of a fun, hard-working and dynamic team.
The ideal candidate:
- Two or more years of publishing or media sales experience, with at least one year’s experience in face-to-face selling
- A proven track record of generating new business
- Willing to travel on a regular basis to visit clients and major industry events
- Within a commutable distance of Dartford, Kent
You will work within a team reporting to and being supported by the Sales Director. This role does not involve managing any staff but you will have the opportunity to guide and mentor other members of the team.
The role offers a good basic salary, uncapped commission and many other benefits.
Please send CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org